- President: Tea Solutions, Hara Office Inc.
- Director: Shizuoka Industrial Innovation Foundation for the Japan Science and Technology Agency’s Regional Program(2009-2013).
44-1, Outemachi, Shizuoka City, 420-0853 Japan
Tel: +81-(0)54-273-4435, Fax:+81-(0)54-2533-0019
- Visiting Professor: Shizuoka University Innovation Joint Research Center.
- Visiting Professor: University of Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Chairperson for the 4th ICOS(International Conference on O-Cha(Tea) Culture and Science (Oct. 26-28, 2010, Shizuoka City).
- Appointed as Director, Shizuoka Industrial Innovation Foundation for the Japan Science and Technology Agency's Regional Program(5 years program 2009-2013).
- Retired Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd.
- Got an US FDA approval for the Botanical Drug "VeregenR", putting tea catechins as an API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient)
- Executive Managing Officer, R&D Unit, Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd.
- Awarded the Director of the Ministry of Science and Technology's Merit Award for his contribution to tea science.
- Started working with the US NCI for the chemoprevention clinical trials with tea catechins, a 10 years program.
- Earned Ph. D. from the University of Tokyo with a thesis entitled: "Physiological Activities of Tea Polyphenols".
- Director of Food Research Laboratories of Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd.
- Joined Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd.
- Graduated Tokyo University, Dept. of Agriculture.
Throughout his career, he has been devoted to work concerning the analysis and separation of catechins, elucidation of their physiological actions and the utilization of these functions.